Friday, September 26, 2008

So I may have gotten a little behind...

Well, I obviously failed at the whole blogging throughout my Italy trip thing. Ha. It was just too difficult. There was so much going on that I couldn't keep up with blogging about it. It was the trip of a lifetime though. I absolutely loved it. There are no words.
I'm not even going to attempt to fully catch up on everything that has happened in the last year. So much stuff has gone on that it would take me hours to write it all down. I'll try to state just brief lessons I learned.
- The main one is that I give my heart away way to easily. I've had my heart broken twice in the past seven months. The first was the worst thing I've ever had to go through. But through it, I learned how much strength I have inside of me and how much I have with God. I really don't know how people get through times like that without God. I know I couldn't have without Him. The second I'm still semi-dealing with. It's nothing like the first, but I'm still slowly gaining my heart back and giving it back to God. (Which is where it should have stayed.) There was a minor heart ache between the two but I think I knew that that was not where my heart needed to be the whole time so it wasn't as bad.
I really need to learn how to not give away my heart so easily. I need to learn how to find full satisfaction in God and not in relationships. That goes for my friendships too. I put so much of my heart into my relationships. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing unless they cause me to care more about securing those friendships than building my relationship with God. That seems to happen way too often.
- The second is that I am now more than ever 100% certain that I'm called to work with teenagers. I have such a passion for Diverge and to see these teens become on-fire young men and women of God. There is so much potential in each and every one of them and I am just so thankful to be a part of it.
I'm still not sure how God is going to have me work with teens as a profession. Before about a month ago, if you had brought up the idea of me going to grad school I probably would have laughed at you. But recently I've been thinking about going for my master's in counseling and possibly being a high school counselor. This is all still up in the air. I just want to make a difference in the lives of teenagers and I'll do whatever God calls me to. If I'm going to do the whole grad school thing, I really need to step up my game in my classes. I'm a big time slacker. :[
- Third, it is so important to have people in your life that will give you a good kick in the rear when you need it. I am so blessed to have the women of God in my life that I do. They keep me in check. They hold me accountable. And they speak into my life when I need it the most. They're incredible.
- Fourth, GenesisChurch.tv is the strongest body of believers I have ever seen. Especially the staff. They are amazing. I really don't know how they do it. I love this church so much and I am so thankful to be on this journey with everyone at Genesis. God is going to do something completely out of this world with this church. I can't wait to see what it is.
- Fifth, I miss the Florida State football team from the 90s. Losing sucks :(

So I think that's pretty much it. Either that or it's almost 2:30 am and I'm tired. Ha. I'm really going to try to get into the blog scene once again. I'll try to keep the others to a bit shorter ;p

1 comment:

jny said...

Dude, you totally failed with your Italy blogs.