Sunday, December 14, 2008

My God is Mighty To Save

There's pretty much nothing I love more than to see Diverge kids sincerely worshiping God. It makes me cry every time.
This morning was awesome as always, but the worship set was particularly amazing. God was extremely present. Not in a heavy way like last week but in a very peaceful, joyful, uplifting way. Especially when we were singing "Mighty to Save". I took a look back behind me during one of the choruses and every Diverge kid in the back row had their eyes closed and some had their arms in air just worshiping the amazing God that we love and loves us. It was awesome. It made me sing even louder than I already was (sorry to everyone around me ha). I just love seeing their true hearts. They're teenagers and every single one of them has their issues and they make mistakes just like the rest of us. And sometimes I get so frustrated when they make decisions that they know are wrong, but when I see them truly worshiping, it reminds me that deep down they know God and one day they'll get it. I guess all of us are like that to a certain extent though.
I love my kids. They are the best. It's tough sometimes, but I'm extremely grateful God called me to youth ministry. I wouldn't trade it for anything :)

No comments: