Sunday, April 1, 2007

The Lord Is The One Who Sustains Me

So today at 6 pm I began my first fast. For this week I am restricting myself to fruits, vegetables, and water. I am also giving up myspace and facebook for the week because I want to spend as much time with God as possible this week and those websites tend to take up ridiculous amounts of my time. This week is about me and God.
I'm kind of nervous about how this week will go. Even though we're allowed certain foods, I'm going to try to limit myself as much as possible, only eating maybe twice a day. I want to be forced to fully rely on God. I want to prove to myself and to God that I don't need earthly things to get by. All I need is my Savior.
I'm going to use the feelings of hunger as a sign that I need to stop and pray and seek after God for strength. I want to spend the majority of this week with Him. I don't have any big plans this week or anything due for school which will allow me to do so. I need to learn to discipline myself when it comes to my quiet times. I tend to be really diligent in my quiet time for awhile, and then I start to slack off. I don't want to be like that anymore. Hopefully this week the hunger I feel for food will turn into a hunger for God. I want to know Him better, I want to seek after Him harder, and I want to trust Him more than ever. I want to draw closer to Him this week like never before. I want to show God that I am completely in love with Him and that I yearn for Him above all things.
I'm also really excited to see how our church as whole is transformed by this week. To see what a church full of people who's eyes are fixed on God can do. He's going to do great things this week. I know it.

2 comments:

jny said...

Cabbage. Ew.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.