Tuesday, February 13, 2007

February 14, 2007

**Disclaimer: I'm feeling emo. (This is my blog so deal with it. :)


So today is Valentine's Day. The day for everyone to deck themselves out in reds and pinks and eat ridiculous amounts of candy. The day for obscenely large "i love you" balloons and bouquet after bouquet after bouquet of roses.
But I'm not bitter. Noooo way. Helping out my friend bake 7 dozen cookies and a two-layer cake for her boyfriend didn't effect me in the least bit. I'm great!
I wish I could say that is true. I wish it didn't bother me that I've been single for the past 18 years of my life. I wish I could be satisfied knowing that God has an amazing guy out there for me and be okay with waiting for the day I finally meet him.
I'd be okay with all of it if it weren't for all of the "almosts" I've had to go through. Those are the worst. The one's where you think you have found someone you think something could happen with, and then just when you're really interested.... they disappear or you find out that they never felt the same way or you have no explanation for why that just blew up in your face. Those are fun.
I hate being emo like this but sometimes you just can't help it. I think today I'm just gunna try to make up for some lost time with my Savior. The only one who never disappoints.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right freaking ON. Jesus is the ONLY one who never disappoints.

And don't worry about cookies. I'm baking some just for you [and the rad people we're hanging out with].

So smile, Valentine. Being single is kind of rough sometimes, but it's pretty rad a lot of the time. :]

I heart you.

Anonymous said...

Jenny's not allowed to use "rad" twice in one comment. That's an overload. PACE YOURSELF!!!

:)

Disappearing guy trick.. hmmm.. oldest one in the book...

Shaun

Anonymous said...

Shaun's not allowed to ever correct me again.. unless he proceeds to give me chocolate.

That is all.