Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Priorities

Went home this weekend. My mom is doing really well. I can't begin to tell everyone how much I appreciate your prayers. They really worked. She's limited to what she can do, but she can get up and move around and such. I'm so happy. I was so scared. Plus, the doctor's think that they removed what was hurting her all the time so she should feel a lot better once she's healed. God really does answer prayers...
Speaking of prayers, I've been feeling really selfish when it has come to my relationship with God recently. I've been asking Him for all kinds of things, and I'm not really giving back to Him the way that I should. I have been spending little or no quiet time with Him. I am so far behind on reading my Bible it's ridiculous.
I always say I'm going to put a certain amount of time aside to spend with God, and then something comes up; sleep, food, t.v., the Internet. Stupid things of this world that consume my world way too much. I need to learn more self discipline. I need to reprioritize my life.
At Chi Alpha last week Mario was talking about how if we really want to see a revolution on campus then we have to start making sacrifices. One of the sacrifices he mentioned was time. Sacrificing 30 min or an hour every morning, instead of sleep, to spend in prayer and in His presence. Time with God should be the most important thing to me. Instead, I pray when it is convenient and I read my Bible when I "can find the time". It's pathetic and it's not how I want to live my life.
I want my life to reflect Christ. And that can't happen unless I know Him, His word, and His will for my life. I'm done putting petty things before my God.

2 comments:

jny said...

Right on, Becca. Right on.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I've been getting up this week at 6am to run, then to get in the Word. It has been awesome!! It has given each day so much more meaning and I feel great knowing that my first priority (literally) is spending time listening to God.