Monday, February 5, 2007

Speaking Boldly: December 10, 2006

"Come follow Me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."Matthew 4:19

This is what the pastor at Genesis Church has been preaching about these past few weeks. So often, Christians are complacent in their faith. We stay in our Christian bubbles instead of going out and winning others for Christ. I know I'm guilty. I have done nothing to reach out to others. Even when God has clearly pointed out people for me to ask to church, bible study, or just talk to. I fail Him so often out of fear. Afraid of losing a friend, saying the wrong things, or being seen as different. And as Pastor Brian put it so plainly this morning, "Who cares?!" And he's completely right. We shouldn't care. We should be sharing this precious gift with everyone we possibly can. God is too great to keep to ourselves. I'm praying that God will change my heart. I pray that He will open my eyes and my heart to those who need to hear of our amazing Lord. I pray that the Holy Spirit will give me the strength to speak His words boldly and to not fear. I pray that my life will reflect my purpose: to know Christ, and to MAKE HIM KNOWN!

"Should I tell them that
You areThe One who has made me
And saved me to set up a home there inside
Should I tell them that I am
A perfect example of all
You can do with a life
What should I say to them,
what if I'm failing them?
What should I tell them tonight?"-Shaun Groves

No comments: